Originally Presented: December 12, 2017
Industry experts: Brendan Brothers, Anti-Financial Crimes Specialist; and Mauriceo Castanheiro, Director of Fraud Analytics, discuss the challenges financial institutions faced in 2017, the trends to watch for in 2018, and the role of technology in helping detect and prevent financial crime.
2017 – A Year in Review: what innovative solutions financial institutions are using to keep a step ahead of industry trends — with a focus on the growing sophistication of fraud schemes, and new approaches to combat complex money laundering scenarios.
2018 – The Look Ahead: what challenges lie ahead for financial institutions, a discussion on emerging financial crime trends, and a look at the role of technology in helping your institution combat crime.
- Human Trafficking Typologies & Detection
- Uncovering Illicit Funds Moving through Funnel Accounts
- Managing the Impact of Regulatory Change
- A New AML Approach
- Drug Trafficking: The Opioid Crisis
- Sanctions Evasion: FinCEN Advisory on North Korea’s Use of the International Financial System
- Fraud Schemes & Scams Targeting Vulnerable Customers
- Business Email Compromise: A $5.3 Billion Scam
- Cyber Enabled Financial Crimes & Online Account Takeover
- Intertwined Crimes: The Intersection of Fraud & Money Laundering