Originally Presented: November 24, 2014
Human trafficking and smuggling are immensely profitable crimes that generate mountains of illicit proceeds. Unlike the victims of most crimes, however, neither the underage victims of human trafficking nor the undocumented aliens who are exploited by human smuggling organizations will report these crimes to law enforcement. In a sense they are invisible to law enforcement.
Webinar Highlights and Learning Objectives:
- Overview of human smuggling and human trafficking crimes
- Use of “funnel accounts” to launder criminal proceeds
- Challenges that financial institutions face in their detection efforts
- Red flags and indicators for financial institutions
- How collaborative networks and cross institutional detection can advance detection capabilities