Join Brendan Brothers on February 22, as he discusses challenges facing financial institutions today in their efforts to combat Human Trafficking, and protect victims of this heinous crime.
Brendan will take a deep dive into the complexities of a Human Trafficking investigation in the context of a real-life case involving multiple financial institutions and traffickers, and victims who were exploited for illicit gains. He will also provide an overview of investigation strategies, technology and tools to help financial institutions like yours work together to detect, investigate and report Human Trafficking activity.
Highlights of this special presentation will include:
- Discuss the scale of the crime of human trafficking and the impact on victims in North America.
- Review of industry advisories and red flag indicators to help financial institutions identify perpetrators and protect potential victims.
- Walk-through of a real-life case of human trafficking involving illicit proceeds funneled through US financial institutions.
- Review of human trafficking alerts and evidence for detection of victims and potential traffickers, including tools to map transactions and flow of funds.
- Overview of collaborative Human Trafficking investigations including 314(b) information sharing technology, and enhanced visualization tools to uncover Human Trafficking crime rings.